Cold enuff

Up early to the coyote chorus, sounded like they were on their way to something important. And at just after 5 am didn't appreciate the music (and it wasn't Christmas music). Got up and ended up getting dressed in living room, was much warmer than my bedroom, will shut window in there tight for tonight, only -15°C and forecast to be -31°C (24°F below zero tonight), ever so grateful for my rice bag to warm my feet (3 minutes in micro, wonderful). How appropriate music playing Theme from a Summer Place. Since I was up so early decided to finish bobbin #2 of the Merino-Nylon mix, got as much on the two bobbins as I could.

The first two pair of LOSY socks I made for Nolan, by the time he got them his feet had grown, so made another pair with an extra 6 rows , the Momma said this pair was perfect, so one more pair. Should now be done with LOSY socks for this bunch.

Thinking a big pot of burger vegetable soup will be on the menu for today, still have carrots, onion, celery, potatoes to go in. Only missing cabbage.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the menu inspiration - today is cold (for Louisiana) and third day of rain in a row. Soup would hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that soup this week too. I like a little barley in it. The merino nylon mix is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

Friday Jan. 5

Grizzlies