Green stuff

Gathered up 5 various greens all from my stash (my favorite color), then separated each of the colors into 12-15 inch pieces, started spinning and so far I like what I'm getting. Have enuff of the 5 colors to fill at least 2 bobbins, anything I run out of will just stick in another green of some sorts. Have no idea where I bought some of the roving and if I knew there are a couple I would never buy from again, the middle green has bits of plastic baling twine thru out, not at all pleasant. One of the others has an unusual amount of guard hairs, really white stuff. 2nd pix shows 2 pieces each color on the bobbin. So far so good.


Got out yesterday to my first knitting bee since April 22nd, several there that haven't been the regulars, good to see new faces.

Before I started spinning the greens I finished the Orange 'creamsicle' from Smith & Ewe in Kamloops, still have the second bag to do will take it with me when I go down to conference the end of this month. But while the idea was still fresh wanted to work on the green stuff, after seeing some of the various variegated yarn on internet wanted to see if I could come close.


Comments

  1. That orange creamsicle is very fun spun up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same Louet! Too bad it's discontinued. I like it a lot and can fit both feet on the treadle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be a stupid question Lynne, but do you use the yarn you have spun in your "monster socks"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued by spinning. I’ve no experience with it, though. It must be so cool to see how it will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on the fiber I am spinning some times I get exactly what I think it should be, but then some of the time its a real crap shoot and I end up wondering 'what was I thinking about' when I started latest mess. But fun to see if what I see in my head my hands can produce.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5