And so it starts


Woke up to 30°F at just before 7am and the white stuff, still right on 30° now at 10:30 and still snowing. I got home from my DesertMesa trip on Tuesday with a few groceries and brand new snow tires, just in time from the looks of it. Bought more of the Nokian tires, called aggressive, got 5 years out of last set. So was comfortable paying the big price to get more of the same.

DesertMesa was as usual a really good time, closest thing I have to family. 46 spinners (some borderline certifiable), lots of laffs and crazy stuff. Traded away a pair of socks for spinning fibre, pix next time as its still in the car. Bought one skein of sock yarn from Smith and Ewe in one of her special colourways and 4 silk hankies for Denise. Pix of me spinning, Bill H wearing a pair of my mini socks on his glasses (he fixed a bobbin for me), then Gail in her new shawl from SheliaK, and then part of spinning circle. I picked up prescriptions while in town (3 mos supply) so hoping I don't have to back into town until refills are needed.



Football Saturday, MI plays MI State later and I imagine State will win the game, MI just isn't very good this year, betting there will be a coach change at the end of the season (if not sooner).

Will work on second sock of this pair, black with lots of reds & oranges.


Comments

  1. That was such great timing getting your new snow tires, Lynne! We have rain in the forecast for the next week, and some of that system might find its way to you in the form of more snow. Time to tuck in for the winter and enjoy your football and knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More socks

This & That

Friday Jan. 5